3/19/2003

U2 always makes me feel better. I slept in this morning. Its already 10am and I haven't even taken my shower yet. I ate one of my favorite breakfasts today: Special K with Apricot Yogurt on top. I can't stand drinking the milk here. I need to continue my studying. Last night I worked on cruising through a borrowed grammaire book and it is very clear with hints along the way as well as many examples. I'll see if I can review the conditional tense before I go into class today. That way I'll already know what he "supposed" to be talking about. I still have a ton of catch up to do though: Subjunctive, durations of time, the list could go on forever.... For now, ROCK ON U2!


A funny quip that I've been living with since I arrived has been that my bathroom is for the most part unfunctional. The faucet broke off the sink a few days before I arrived and the shower leaks pretty bad and had caused the break up of floor tiles. Thus, I have not used it except to store extra towels and the funny pink toilet paper they sell over here. There has been a plus to not having a bathroom up here in my apt: I've been allowed to use the beautiful new one downstairs in the basement! I get to do an invigorating run down my outdoor steps in 4 degree C weather and unlock 2 bolts but enjoy a nice new bathroom! Well the "week" of hope has arrived! The men are supposed to come and fix my leaky shower and present me with a wonderful blessing! Not only will my square meter'age' increase from the smaller one downstairs but it will have these nice sliding and sealing doors to prevent any furture leaking... The only part of this quarkochronic society is that we don't really know WHEN they'll actually show up. :)

No comments: