3/07/2003

This evening as I walked from the RER to my house I passed a woman of african decent who carried a large box on her head. No hands... I've always wondered how they do that. She walked extremely smooth and had the most impecible posture. She was quite tall, too. I guess things like this make my mind spin. I'm not in Africa, but it has come to me.


Its Friday. I made it. I coughed most of the way through it. I sneezed quite a bit too. My nose is running like a faucet. My throat is tried. My brain is tried. My body is weary. Last weekend I was sick too. I hope I get over the worst of it tonight so I can enjoy the weekend. Saturday night is our church's outreach evening: Mexican food in celebration of a late Valentine's Day prepared by the French. Apparently it will attract 50% unbelievers and we'll total over 100 people.


I wonder what would happen if suddenly English grammar adopted a new conjugation of all verbs in a subjuntive nature? What would we sound like? "I want that you go to post office." "It must that you swim 10 laps." "I wish that you marry you with a Christian." Of course "go", "swim" and "you marry" would have some strange spelling and pronunciation like "gose" and "swime" and "you marriye"... Just trying to wrap my mind around something totally obsurd.

No comments: