3/14/2003

Cupboard runner solved!


Just after I broadcast the cupboard runner to the world over my blog, he ran. I jumped up from the liztoppy to see if I could locate his origin. I ran into my room where it sounded like it was near...no. Again... in the VC this time. I stood still between the VC and the salle de bain. Turning slowly I peered into the dark room, not flipping the light on cuz the fan comes on with it. No cupboard thumping. I tried stepping to see if the shaking of the floor would reveal the culprit. Silence for a second later and then it went. I went into the salle de bain squatting down on the tile floor for a better view. I though, maybe one of the shelves was cockeyed and rocking back n forth on its supports but all was secure there... Then I saw it: a trap door under the counter. It was jiggling around in its location. I adjusted it so that it would quit....and it hasn't thumped since!


I now am hearing the same thumping somewhere downstairs now...maybe there is a similar trap door somewhere under me.


I normally don't do my shopping on the Champs d'Elysees but this time Nanae and I were cruising around after class. We ended up in Zara again. This is a crazy designer shop that normal folks might be able to afford and it is always a disaster inside with clothes strewn everywhere, long lines to the cabines d'essayage, but some super cool deals on sheek looking styles. Nanae is a cute Japanese gal who loves to dress sheek. I had been eyeing a dress in there for weeks now. I tried it on once and couldn't bring myself to buy it for lack of occasions to wear it. I tried it again and decided to leave it finally. It was only 25Euros which is incredible, but it was a little too flashy for the general public. It would suit a romantic evening some summer night and I don't have any of those lined up, so the little black linen dress stayed at Zara. I did buy some black slacks. The gal who checks you into the fitting rooms really "fits" you. I poked my head out and asked if she could help me with the long length of the pantelons and she grabbed her pins and put a hem in one leg, wrote me a receipt and sent me to the counter to pay for and leave my pants. I'll return on Wednesday next to pick up my new taylored black slacks. Quel Service!


Nanae and I chose a pizzeria on the Champs to eat dinner in. We took our time, french style and talked about all kinds of things. She told me that she wants to open a center to help women and children in Japan. Women are often taken advantage of and suicide is very high among youth in Japan. Nanae has a degree in Law. My relationship with Jesus came up. She broke into it as we talked about our families. She said she could see that my family was very happy. She thought that was amazing and cool and unique. I thought carefully about how to answer that and just said I thought it was Jesus who made the difference. We talked a bit about that and she then told me that she had attended JHi and HIschool in a Protestant school in Japan. Her father is a "believer" and baptized. She thought it was Methodist. We talked about missions and Catholicism, Christianity. She thought I was a tough girl coming to France to work as a missionary here. She began to put together the pieces of who I am and what I am doing here. As we left she said I had inspired her to read the Bible more when she gets home to Japan. I offered to bring my English Bible and let her borrow it for a bit and told her we could talk about whatever questions she had. She tracked very closely with me during the whole evening. It was a good time. I'm praying that the Lord will draw her in by His truth which she recognizes as timelessly perfect. I'm praying for every opportunity the Lord gives me.

No comments: