3/09/2003

Since we had "church" last night, I slept in this morning. I'm headed out at 11am for a promenade in Paris with a friend who I meet in Portland, Severeine. My nasal passage has cleared and I'm feeling a bunch better. The cough still hangs on though.


I'm sitting here in the brightly lit living/dining/kitchen room and I see a pigeon that has flown up to the window and perched here. I guess he must just really like Matt Redman's music. He struts back and forth by the window closest to the computer. His beak keeps hitting the window and whatever nostril he has puffs small circles on the pane. I was even able to reach right up to him on my side of the glass.


Church was held at Claye's mother church building in Lagny. J said he knew about half the people. We served up tortilla's and a really fun time. I met quite a few people who are and "aren't quite" Christians. They played crazy games, one into which I was called to help the ladies cook an omlette. Apparently the lady's out did the men's. The best was watching J and K beat 4 other couples at feeding a yogurt (k to J) blindfolded. The winning technique: Karen actually held her finger against J's chin to keep track of his mouth and then, from up close, shovelled it in. Well, she also has a young one too....


Lagny has a very nice grand piano and I played it for only a little bit. I'm aching to find a piano that I can go to and play at n'importe time. A couple times now Nanae and I haved walked to the FNAC after class and we pass a piano store. They stand there in the window all shiny and so tempting. I wish I had enough to pay for one and have it delivered to my little home. Better yet, just to be able to enter and play one without feeling like an intruder. Or, to be able to get one and put it in a building that is easily accessible and useful for the worship of the saints here in the Marne la Vallee. I know that's what Thierry would want... He's already assigned me some work in the worship domain.


Yesterday, I reminisced as I loaded MP3 after MP3 into my liztoppy. I started to organize it and name what needed names. Thanks to Adrien way back in SEPT I have probably about 7Gb's of music that I can play directly from my computer and never have to touch a CD.

No comments: