3/21/2003

"Here Leezard, Leezard, Leezard.." That's what my friend Shan calls me affectionatly. I like it, cuz I can see her calling me with that little pet voice...

The day the war started I rode into Paris like usual. One thing I find quite curious is all the street musicans, those who jump on the train for a few stops to play a melody or two and ask for complementary change and then descend at the next available stop. It was a quiet train until 'they' got on. 'They' just happened to be the Tracy Chapman special. A player of a 5 string bass and a guitarist who sang through a northern origin accent. I think they weren't from France at all. They were actually quite good and I felt a little nostalgic of the days living with Diane Hurst on Hawthorne, Blossom snoring while I tried to study late into the night and then a twinge of pain at "talking about a 'revolution'." A reality noone can escape... In some ways I think the world of terror had it coming after pulling off 9/11 and in other ways I'm distraught at the political, economic, and social repercutions such an endeavor has on a world community. I pray it will be over soon with as little loss of innocent life as possible.

Tonight I attended a young adults group from the church at Noisy-Champs. It was a great time of sharing and praying and hearing testimony. Truely a family of young people are fellowshipping and I was allowed in. There is a new believer among them. She was many years in coming to a saving faith but the Lord has captured her and you can see it in her face and hear it in her story. I pray now for her and the spiritual attacks that continue to plague her. It is a familiar story that I am hearing here in France: the spiritual oppression is more evident than we'd like to imagine.

The guys came and fixed my shower today!! I got a nice glasslike box to encapsulate me as I "douche" each morning. They also left me a brand new faucet in the sink. So cool! I can't wait to give it a try tomorrow after I scrub it down really good. [Having worked in the cleaning business brings a new meaning to "clean shower"]. Its finally the weekend and I'm ready to clean and study for my exam on Monday as well as go to church again at Claye. This week I may have the opportunity to play the piano for a few songs. This is one of the greatest "misses" that I have here in France... a real piano that I can play at my leisure and a band as tight as that of Sunday Nights at CB. I miss those guys... Keep clapping on the "soul" beat, guys...I get to teach the french how to do it now...

No comments: