3/04/2003

Its begun! School. I'm back in it. I think I really like language school though. For some reason I get a terriffic kick out of listening to profs go on about grammer. I discovered that I am the only American among my two classes. There are two Japanese gals and two Polish, a spanish gal who is absolutely gorgeous with her dark eyebrows, a scot, and a few others that I didn't get to identify.

Grammer prof is Alexandre. He immediately put me under the microscope as an american and then poked a little at my being Protestant. He asked, So, since you went to Bible College (cuz he squeezed that much from me) you're Protestant? Oui. And you still are? Oui. Funny, I didn't even wince. Everyone looked at me carefully. I normally turn red when a moment like that passes but I didn't as far as I could feel. I've begun praying for this new opportunity for God to strengthen me and use me to show His glory as the one and only true God, even if they're not all French in the room. He said "all nations," so there I am in a room with a wide variety of people.

The second 2 hours of my 4 hour school day is spent in the same classroom with Jean-Baptiste. He is a terribly skinny tall frenchman who can double cross his legs like I used to do until I got so scared of varicos vains forming around my knees. He is our conversation prof. He is a bit more difficult to understand than Alex but in reality, everyone is at this point. He schedule is very loose and flexible. We designed a dialogue for a comic strip about a man entering a hotel lobby and a woman steeling his briefcase. My guess is that he was Clouseau from the Pink Panther, dressed like him and everything, who dumbly left his brief case at the counter instead of taking it with him into the telephone cabin.

It takes me one hour to get from my door in Lognes to the Institute door in downtown Paris. After about 45min on the RER I pop my head up at the Arc de Triomphe and weave my way NE up Ave Hoche, take a right on "handsome Jean" street, then a left on "bertie" street. Its really quite simple, you know. The Champs d'Elysees is only 2 main streets over but if you can find the Arc, then you'll be in good stead.

Yesterday after class, Nani (Japanese gal) and I headed from class to the FNAC to buy our books. She is a law student from Japan who lived in Hawaii for a few years too. She is in Paris for another month with her french boyfriend. Pray that I'll have more opportunity to tell her the Good News. She asked about my being a Christian as we walked to the FNAC.

My body is starting to act normal again, finally! Although I seem to have a strange cough taking its place. Health.... ahh!

No comments: