3/26/2003

For near fear that people would want to see my apartment this evening, I busted my bootie to get it in order and cleaned up. Of course no one wanted to see it but it's now clean...or cleaner and in less disarray than before. We still have to move the boxes of dishes downstairs into the basement but everything feels so much nicer. I had a 100 or more sets of dishes at the beginning when I arrived and so I began a near impossible task of selecting those which would serve best in my cupboard and to get the rest out of here. Ah, relief!

I spent the evening listening. The church at Claye has small groups that meet weekly and they're looking for a way to get them together in a larger sum to pray and share (as far as I can understand). I am very excited to watch the group of believers move along and really I'm just getting to know them and the system in which they move and the order of their community. We say sometimes that ministry is messy. Most people don't like miss (like me in my apt) but living can be messy, and sin is the root of this mess and we, although redeemed live in a messy, non-renewed earth. Mess remindes me that I'm in process and whenever I make a step to clean it up, I am pushed to the conclusion that it will one day be perfected by the Father. Of this, I'm sure- no matter what war, no matter what sin...

And now a word on why I'm learning French, brought to you through the e-grapevine (Thanks Reilly Gibby):
Here is the final word on nutrition and health.  It's a relief to know the truth, after all those conflicting medical studies.
1.  The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
2.  The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
3.  The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
4.  The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
5.  The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
CONCLUSION:  Eat and drink what you like.  Speaking English is apparently what kills you!

No comments: