3/11/2003

Today. This day. I was tired in class. I needed lots of correcting. "seche, not sec." Oh, la...


My lips are dry and peeling and cracking and I think I have a cold sore but I don't know how it is called in French so as to even be able to demand the right product at the pharmacy. I'll have to ask tomorrow of someone who knows.


I have to do the shopping. The fridge is on the empty side, but I'm the type who will let it run down and just eat what I can scrounge up from the cupboards. I wanted to do the shopping tonight when I reentered, but, like I said, I was tired... and even with Rocky- I would only have had a few minutes before Tang Frere closed at 7:30.


I learned that when one speaks of the afternoon hours, one must say 17hours and 30 minutes, representing 5:30, but in familial senses one can say, yah, 5hours and a half. One can never say its 17hours and a half or quarter, or whatever... if you use train time, it must be legit from the teens to the minutes. soit dix-sept heures, trente; soit cinq heures et demi. Why these things amuse me, I don't know. But my grammar prof repremanded me for being "contente" to be learning the subjunctif. Apparently there are much more pleasant things in life to be "contente" over than learning subjunctif...

No comments: