4/05/2003

When Madlibs require French

Today my [noun] journee was full. I woke at 8:30ish and started my workcenter: the 'laptizzy'. I [verb] m'attendais [noun] un appel from my friend in the States. I had [adjective] pleine de things to do today [conjunction] mais never [verb] arrivee to do them. I talked to [noun] mon ami on the telephone which did me [expression] du bien .

Before I knew it my day was halfway [adj] fini and Karen was asking if I wanted [adverb] encore to help her color her [noun] cheveux . I jumped into action [conjuntion] parce que I had invited a friend for [noun] le dejeuner and I knew she would be arriving sometime during the noon hour. Karen and I [verb] s'est mises to the task and it worked out so that I was just finishing the color job when Sophie [verb] est venue . We had [noun] salade and rice and chicken from [noun] la soiree last night and she brought [noun] le dessert which was a Paris Brest and a small pear tarte which were [adj] incroyable !

We talked the whole afternoon in [a language] Francais and discussed young Christians and the issue of [noun] mariage and [sentiment] la peur of divorce. [Conjunction] Puis , we conversed about [noun] la guerre and the story of history and how God is the Author of this story and we how should be praying our way through [noun] l'injustice and pain and uncertainty with certainty of His victory [conjuntion] et justice.

It was [train time] 18:30 before we knew it and we took off for [shopping center] Carrefour to do some shopping. Among all the things I had [expression] besoin de faire today, the shopping was probably [definate noun] la seule chose that I was able to complete. It cost [adv] cher but I feel [sentiment] contente that I found shoes and a unmarked sweatshirt to [verb] porte around Paris. I won't be going shopping now for quite some time.

No comments: