4/13/2003

Sunday has come and gone....almost. Evangelistic outreach at Pontault is taking up lots of time. There are now 5 of us at the house and after a few bumps in the road the white van is now running (battery needed charging after sitting for too long in the drive). Today I saw and was part of the formation of the team for this week. We have two goals: give gifts and invite folks to the weekend festivities. For me it has been a learning experience. I have been formed in a sense too. The "campaigns" that I was a part of in 2000 are taking on a new shape. I am learning bunches from those who have walked the road of "changement" in the last few years. What is exciting about this outreach is that it isn't just our team that is out doing all the work or the face to face meeting of people; the church is highly active in praying and have been for the last month. Today we invited those interested to join us is learning how to knock on a door and give a gift to people without coming across too Christian, too "sectish", but clearly present who we are and what we are doing quickly. It's a learning time: about team, for the language, for culture and ministry, and of myself.

Sometimes I feel like a scrambled egg: I'm trying to survive in a different environment, speak a different language, keep my eyes on Jesus, obey what he has called me to, continue to dream, not get discouraged, continue to seek out the best method to live each day by, "make new friends but keep the old,"- all the time in a hot pan.

No comments: