4/09/2003

Saturday I had a conversation with a french friend and we talked about the war. She expressed frustration with the injustice that seems to be falling on the Iraki people. I had to agree with her because it seems that they are caught in what should be a personal wrestling match between two world leaders. I haven't found an easy answer to this problem nor that of "why handicap children are born to great people". The one thing that does ring in my ears, says, "If you obey, I will bless you, you and your children, even to the 4th and 5th generation." But disobedience will act like pollution and at a certain point God threatens to turn them over to their own desires, which destroy them. Sin is like pollution...this world is polluted by sin and we are being drug into a gnarly hole by our own choice from day 1. People ask me if there is one person I'd like to meet from history, who it would be. My answer: EVE. I'd ask her why in the heck she did it. The crazy part is that I know the bigger story and purpose for which The Lamb served- from the First Passover, into tradition, and right up Jesus, the final Sacrifice, and on to restoration. Even better, I am convinced of it! My friend wrote me and told me how God has revealed this bigger understanding to her...even though it is difficult, it matches the bigger picture. I pray for the end of the Iraki war, just the same; I also pray for the proper rebuilding of that nation.

No comments: