4/27/2003

I had a great joy inviting friends to my house yesterday. They came from all over and we were reunited again after nearly 3 years. Of course, some of them see one another regularly but having a party at my place was especially fun for me even though I couldn't follow all the quick french, slang and jokes. I still enjoyed having them at my place and it was encouraging to just be around them. Sophie put her hand to the main dish and I worked on the salad as the boys brought munchies and dessert. In total, we were 8 people: Sophie, Lydia, Evrard, David, Ruben, David, et Swanson with his broken foot. What a joy for me to see my friends from 2000 all together again. I planning another BBQ for the near future and we will make sure Nico, Melanie, and Audrey show up this time!

I'm preparing for the arrival of Michelle. She will be here on Tuesday. The apt is pretty clean and I'm excited about making room for her and maybe even rearranging some furniture to give the place a little different feel... we'll see.

This morning I had more time to think about how God wants us to be obedient even when its frustrating. I practiced the worship songs for this morning at church and then it all seemed to "flop" musically speaking. I'm am learning to be content even with my feable efforts and smile, shake my head and know that one day I'll play and sing perfectly in heaven- but certainly not here. I keep trying, none-the-less. One rule that applies to swing dancing and church is that a good follow is flexible and willing to obey the leadership of the leader. And we always get better with practice!

Arrived home, I'm tired and my brain is hurting from its efforts but I've received an invitation to join my friend Severine again to see an exposition which includes some Titanic. She'll be here in a few minutes! I am jumping at the opportunity in hopes that an already tired brain will just shut down and quit trying so hard and I'll just start thinking and speaking french perfectly... FAT CHANCE!

No comments: