4/03/2003

"Everyday is a winding road..." We all have to learn one day or another the meaning of the word "greve". In my case, I learned the word 4+ years ago in language school. Today I learned the sense of the 'mot'. I even took off early for the RER station in hopes that I might just be able to board as normal the next train that screech's to a halt in front of me every day. I joined a 'foule' of people standing around in the station and read the schedule screen which was abnormally a large yellow block of french saying that all the A ligne was very "purterbed" and something to the effect of no connections at a couple particular stops. I stood amongst the crowd and listened to the person behind the ticket counter tell person after person that there wasn't any info and that there hadn't been any trains for a while, etc... I decided to brave asking one gal standing there who said there had been "aucun train, et aucan renseignment." I decided to faire la greve as well... I walked home.

While the train operators strike, I'm taking the moment to play and worship in my apt and I'm about to pick up my school books to see if I can guess what Francoise is teaching on today. Maybe I'll pumult my brain with a french film too...

No comments: