4/18/2003

Dr. Patty classes and themes always seem to pop up out of no where as I live life. This time it comes from CPD. The main idea is to bring the students from point A to point B without point-blank lecturing them but actively organizing the curriculum so that they will stumble upon the truth. I'm in the school of life. Sometimes the profs aren't adept at curriculum development.

I'm coming to understand, again, that the best place to run to when I feel any sort of sentiment, is to Jesus. It is even more evident when the normal comforts of relationship are stripped away that Jesus is and will be the only one who will really be able to take me the way I am. I have learned, again, that I can't run to people around me- we don't necessarily speak the same language; I can't run to culture- they do things differently here and often backwards from what I expect; I can't turn to a close friend- they aren't here to see my face and pray with me and listen to me cry; Jesus is here, he speaks my language, he understands my personal culture, and he's already praying for me.

No comments: