4/03/2003

"Therefore, let him who until now has had the privilege of living a common Christian life with other Christians praise God's grace from the bottom of his heart. Let him thank God on his knees and declare: It is grace, nothing but grace, that we are allowed to live in community with Christian brethren." I'm reading Deitrich Bonhoeffer's Life Together. Interestingly enough it is assigned reading for a guild associated with Dr. Steve Patty in Portland OR and not with OIKOS. We are supposed to write a paper on its 122 pages discussing Christian fellowship and I am already thinking I'll just attach my blog site to the blank document for the other Guilder's to read...

Living together is a privilege. This really makes me think about the Christians scattered all around the world. We long to be together, but that time really would actualize until the angels gather us from the 4 corners of the earth. Bonhoeffer mentions the sick, imprisoned and exiled believers and how they have no access to this rich time believers share with one another at times...such as once a week. What a pity that we can come together celebrating each Sunday and what a greater pity that we don't try on weekdays.

My life has taken a turn for the change in the last couple months. I moved from one country to another and into a ministry where the entire focus is living together....constantly. Soon, we pray, this house where I live will be filled with Christian brothers and sisters learning to live in harmony for the Glory of the Lord with a desire to spread it around and actively doing so in a local body of believers. Already the church body at Claye shows massive signs of this kind of living during its Sunday morning service. I'm beginning to think I'm "on to something..."

No comments: