5/09/2003

Today a man in a suit and tie was dancing in the metro station. It was a Friday after-work commute hour. He had a little stereo playing Michael Jackson and as he moonwalked and did the robot, people stood to the side and let him dance.

A skater carried to worn decks and stood next to me on the platform as we waited for our RER across town. He kept eyeing my Shorty's backpack. It was refreshing to be near those worn down shoes and he even seemed to have that gentle spirit that I miss amongst all my friends at skatechurch. I wondered where he was going when he got off at Nation. It seems that all the skaters get off at Nation. Some day I'm going to get off there and explore.

We ate dinner with the Dixon's tonight. They invited their upstairs neighbor, Eric. He is a third culture guy, having lived in many countries on 6 continents. We learned a lot as he talked about France and the culture here. My theory on conversation being an art was confirmed.

No comments: