5/11/2003

Saturday, I worked with Elise on music for the 21st of June. France a music celebration where everyone gets out and plays or sings in the parks. A local church is going to do a small spectale into which I have been enlisted to play "gospel". So, Elise and I plugged the piano into a stereo and recorded the music so she could practice the parts and teach the choir. We had a blast laughing and singing "Oh 'Appy Day" and "Swing low."

Michelle and I took off around 2pm to sightsee. We decided to get off at Nation and walk to the Bastille. It was a beautiful day to walk and I took the little video camera along for kicks. We discovered green parks with children playing and parents "bronzing" in the sun. We bought icecream and had to apologize to all the french families who's kids squealed with delight that "there [was] icecream!" I tried the Rhum-raisin flavor. Yum...

We made our way into the Bastille and wandered through an outdoor market which reminded me of Saturday Market in Portland. We sat and talked in the make-shift bar/cafe and talked while people milled around checking out Chinese goods and donkey sausage and mimicking people as they went by; "Avec ce-ci?" "Ca te plait?" "Ah bon!"

Our final destination was the latin quarter. But first we walked along the Seine in search of some swing dancers. We found the location but no swing dancers. I will keep my eyes pealed from here out. I miss doing the Lindy Hop at the Viscount and swingin' in the park in Portland. Michelle and I found a little street and wandered down it to discover a nice Moroccan restaurant just outside of the Latin Quarter. We enjoyed the dinner and remarked the location for the next time we crave a nice Moroccan dinner.

Email me for pictures... I took a few and can sent them to you.

No comments: