5/04/2003

Monday has arrived. My folks are here hanging out. Yesterday it was hot out- 30 C. which translates to about 80 F. Today...? Well the weatherman is predicting strong rain, thunderstorms and around 16 C. We don't know whether to believe him or not. Today I plan to take it easy with my parents and introduce them to some friends in NW Paris. But first, I'll go to grammaire class for 2 hours.

We're taking it easy because of some stressful events in the last 24 hours. My sister after nearly 9 months of pregancy had her little boy. He had to come a few weeks early. There was concern because he wasn't moving around as much as expected. The result was an emergency C-section and a little boy with lots of "fight". His name is Jonathan Douglas Terpening- my new nephew- who within 2 hours was showing good progress in recovery.

It has been rough on my parents who, even though here with me, planned to be there with Andrea the day he would have been delivered. Now with the little one in the ICU of U of Minnesota, undergoing major tests and expected to be there for weeks, there is an urgency to be home/in MN. Many prayers are being lifted up...

No comments: