5/28/2003

I have to say that a rollercoaster that takes off backwards with you strapped in can totally surprise you. Not only that, but my brave friend Adrienne didn't know that there was a loop in it which we didn't see until it was too late. You gotta love Indiana Jones!

They told me at Disneyland Paris, to keep my imagination alive by noticing small things. Tonight, as Michelle and I wandered into town for dinner (we still can't get over it, that just going into town means Paris central) we came across the long tubes of Châtelet and Châtelet les Halles. I was tromping down the stairs and saw on the floor a small, but large for it's personal category, very dead and somewhat squished cockroach. I always ask myself, why in the world did God create such an ugly bug? They aren't good for anything, except maybe eating- for some people; nor are they attractive like some beatles, and they are the epitimy of stupidity: they think they are smart, but they really are quite dumb... like the 3 inch one I encountered in Malaga Spain who thought that he could hide and protect himself by scampering over to a table leg and sitting there next to it as if he was a camelion... Someone once told me that a person eats 4 or 5 spiders in their sleep every year... I don't even want to think about the statistics for cockroaches....

By the way, Michelle and I had a wonderful, very reasonable dinner in the 6th arrondissement. I had turkey slices swimming in a pool of crème d'anis (in the family of licorice), laced with pasta. Chelle went for the bœuf Bourguignon. I need to create a list of my favorite places in Paris. The weather is bright and tomorrow its predicted to hit 26°C, quite hot like today. And yesterday I had my first sun of the summer.

No comments: