2/15/2003

This morning my alarm scared me. I hate it when that happens! I was sleeping along just fine and there it is. I hit snooze. 4 minutes later, I hit it again, and again, and again, and finally I shut the darn thing off. Then I was later than I wanted to be cuz I kept sleeping. Yesterday was a tiring day and I was exhausted. I got to see some old friends from the 2000 summer campaignes. It was Nico who recognized me. Most everybody at the student "reunion" didn't know or recognize me although I recognized quite a few. I'm glad I reconnected with just a few the first time. My comprehension still sucks and I need to go at this bit by bit. And after having had such a tough emotional day, I didn't need anymore pressure.

My bed sheets this morning reminded me of Paul's illustration when he says to "throw off all the sin that so easily entangles." I was totally stuck in them this morning and had to bust out. They were so comfortable, warm, pleasing and yet they stop all that is to happen today, even if it were going to be nothing. Today is my first day of church. I'll go to J and K's church call something like 'clay-souille'. I don't know how to spell it. I'm noticing that spelling is my biggest problem and fear as I anticipate this voyage in France. Of all that I learned 4+ years ago in language school, its the spelling, accentation and grammar that get me. I'll have to study hard. Then again, I did recognize a rule the other day in reference to pronouns. So maybe it will all come rushing back and I'll just need to review. I'm fearful of writing papers too. I hope they don't spring that on me too quickly.

Its still really cold out and I'm stoked to have the warm coat. Praise the LORD! The kitchen is getting more and more to feel "clean" and like mine. I've never had my own way before- its always been a sharing situation and one day Michelle will arrive and we'll share but for now....its all mine. I was grateful to God for the crazy things I kept finding in the cupboards, like the set of 3 iron skillets. How cool- I think I have one more than my mom! And I didn't buy them, They were donated to this old apt and hiding in the most unsuspect corner.

I made my first trip to Tang Frere's since I was here last. I bought some random things to eat and just have here. At least if someone comes I can offer tea, cocoa and a cookie. I got a big jug of juice too.

I was teaching Sammy about Mancini yesterday as I played the Pink Panther out of the liztoppy. He danced around and said, "Mr Mancini... " Go Pink Panther!!!! It especially looks cool with my visual effects!

No comments: