2/27/2003

So I've just returned from an exploritory trip in the Basque Country of France and Spain. This "L" shaped piece of land engulfs a beautiful area of mountains and water. Because of its shape the surf there is terrific in the fall and it becomes a touristic hit spot every summer. One surfer explained it as "the war again with the Germans." He said it becomes impossible to even surf because you'll run 'em over: "la Guerre".



I met some friends from Bible College in Portland and now spread into California. We were 6 in total and converged on San Sebastian from Paris by air and train. Our days were filled with meeting workers in the area and brainstorming God's leading for us personally in regards to a difficult area. For me, since I'm already engaged in an internship of sorts, I couldn't think to much about jumping into a ministry in the area as my friends were. My specific call has been into France and I didn't even feel at home on the Spanish side mostly because of the language barrier. As soon as we crossed the border though, I felt right at home: France. That's all I know at this point.



In Bayonne, we met a great family with 7 kids and stayed in their home. I only stayed 1 night and then returned last night to Paris but that one day was packed with God showing us wonderful things about what He is doing. We had made a contact in SS with a surfer in Bayonne and it turned into an amazing encounter where the Gospel was shared and the young guy showed up at the house church meeting that night with his girlfriend.



God is definately about doing some interesting things down the road here. There is a new feeling in the air that the workers are testifying to. I'm excited to be in training for it. I can't wait to see what will come up in the next couple years for me.

No comments: