2/13/2003

So the day so far has been good. I'm feeling a little more of the reality setting in. My body got up so stinkin' early this morning and now that sun has gone down again. It was clear and bright out at first and then the clouds rolled through, collected in the Paris skys and its got cold out. By late this afternoon it was certainly freezing. I spent most of the day working in the kitchen. There are literally hundreds of plates and bowls and silverware all missmatched. I got to choose my set! Of course the fork design doesn't match the spoon design nor the ceral bowls match the salad plates or dinner plates, but who cares!: THEY DON'T MATCH EITHER! I tried to find the most flattering combination though. I think they'll be just fine. It kinda made me stoked about hosting people. I found a cool convienient cheese grater and too many can openers as well as a paint can opener in the drawers. My hands looked like prunes by the time J came to rescue me from the dishwashing process.


J and I took off to find me a "portable" or cell phone. We had to run back to the Val d'Europe mall to FranceTELECom. We bought the most expensive Nokia kit and a 35 Euro recharge card. I'll use this system til I need more minutes but for now, since I can hardly speak whatsoever, this will be more than sufficient. Having a phone helps me feel a little more settled and soothes that transition feeling for some reason. It must be connected to stability. As flexible as I claim to be, I desire it too; and hey, even Gumbie has a wire in him.


I listened to the Passion DVD while I cleaned plates and bowls today and reflected on God's call to OBEDIENCE over sacrifices. When I think about it, this what really what put me on that plane 5 days ago. I think that dreams and passions, and faithfulness to those are more pleasurable when God leads and I obey. When in transition because of God's call, even a discovery such as a new bottle brush stowed away in some drawer seems like a blessing straight from God. Sure don't know when I'll use it...

No comments: