10/04/2003

Theory
There is a scene from the movie The Matrix that we all love. Neo trains in a program where the world moves around him; his eye is caught by the beautiful creation dressed in red- but this is when that world stops, freezes and Neo is left to ponder in a never-ending "event" moment. We've all experienced those moments when the clock seemingly stops or time slows extraordinarily. I have to say that these types of times cross my path daily, now-a-days. The 2-minute RER ride from Noisiel to Noisy Champs, seemingly takes 10. And why? I'm convinced its a brain phenomenon. Too many deep or profound thoughs jam the brain-circuits. The interesting part is that the world around me is spinning just as fast as ever and it doesn't stop. I feel like I do. This fact contradicts the sensation of time slowing for both me and the world. In essense- I actually speed up and process at 3 or 4 times the speed of reality and upon concentration of that moment/event, time is tripled or quadrupled to match the experience.

I've been bombarded lately with the reality of disconnection from the world I knew in the US of A. I see the differences when I read emails with news, and when I realized I haven't heard from people in a while. I know I miss people and certain things very much but at the same time, I'm determined not to let this 'lack' over power my will power to keep moving forward here. I've taking the 'bull' of school "by the horns" and feel like I'm both winning and losing. I've plucked up courage to enter a bar/club to see a photography exhibition of a gal I met once, and wandered into a outdoor swing dance party and left with blisters on my feet.

Its the days of "limbo"; wanting and missing; tired yet driven.

No comments: