10/09/2003

Well, I've officially survived the first 3 days of my 26th year. I got a bouquet of lovely flowers, several cards from people all around the world and a couple phone calls "en plus". Michelle came like Santa from the States loaded with wonderful treats that she and Randy packed so carefully from my mom and dad. It is nice to be relieved from a particular phonetics class, where I learned lots, but did not appreciate quite so much the pedigogy of the prof. Tomorrow marks the debut of week number 5 at the fall session at the Sorbonne. I'm pondering my blog. I am super tempted to spend the cash to bring a new and improving photo-world to you.

A new adventure that I have embarked on is to learn the dance called the balboa. The balboa is a fast little swing dance- an 8 count dance that really moves. I found a professor who is willing to teach me for an hour a week. Wednesday evening is the day. I had my first lesson yesterday and was overwhelmed, not only at the steps I was learning, but at the new french vocabulary too. I think I will be a pro at 1-8 before long! un...deux...trois - quatre;...cinq...six....sept - huit! (quick, quick, long... quick, quick, long....) We'll be perfecting my lindy, too as well as training for the fastest swing dance= the SHAG! imagine girls in pigtails and stripey socks, kicking up their heels from side to side : )

No comments: