10/26/2003

So today I took the day for myself and God. I did some homework too. It refuses to be left out. I find myself counting down the weeks til vacation even more than before. 6 weeks of school and one week for the tests. I wish I could just keep up but I'm having to strain every last ounce of energy from my brain and body to follow and even with these efforts, I don't always arrive. Friday as our prof gathered our essaies from our trembling hands, and I finally surrendered mine to his red pen, he said, "Man, Liz! Your face is so red!" I told him that it was because I had put my last ounce of energy for the week onto that paper. I think he knows how hard it is to keep moving forward, but he hasn't backed down on the homework load. I feel more swamped than ever. But today- I have given my best effort to what I had to do, laughed at the second acte of L'Avare, and tried to rest up for next week, not to mention found a topic that interests me for my oral presentation. So I feel like I got something done this weekend.

This is the last week of October. At the end of the week, Audrey and I will throw a little party here in our apartment. I'm in charge of the decor and ambiance and Audrey is thinking about munchies. I hope people come. I really want it to just be a great occasion to hang out, meet others and feel the party. We all need that at times.

No comments: