9/09/2003

wanna read an old blog from august that never got published? This was during the heat wave that killed some 13,000 french people.

The evening, as the sun boiled down on us Parisiens, I noticed a Kraft style piece of cheese being melted to the sidewalk. I passed by an Indien family and the little baby girl with wide eyes and frizzy black hair stared at me from her stroller. She must have only been about 1. A little gem was planted squarely on her forehead.

Our grammaire prof thought it would more convenient to take our test today rather than tomorrow as planned...so we did. Fortunately there was no passé simple in subjonctif. I don't know what I would have done if there had been. We spent 2 hours in the un-airconditioned phonetics lab while the rest of the world cooked outdoors in the sun.

Today I learned about the goods and bads of Franco. I'm slowly catching up on my spanish and french and german history thanks to my new classmates.

No comments: