9/07/2003

Gros(se)- /gr oh(s)/ adj; big or fat
Mot- /mo/ (m) noun; word
Gros mot- /gr oh mo/ exp; bad word

Riding along on the RER Friday last, I was being entertained by a young guy challenging the gal across from him in her morals- He asked her if she knew Jesus and then proceeded to either hit on her or preach to her. I couldn't tell which. She was obviously disturbed by this and asked him, "How can a person like you, who doesn't know me, challenge my morality?"

I listened, unable to put all the conversation together... The train approached Bry-sur-Marne. Suddenly the conductor hit the brakes, trying to stop, but instead we cruised through the stop and then we heard his voice: "Sorry, I was supposed to stop there, but I missed it..." A groan when up from all the intending exitors as well as a few "gros mots" directed at the conductor. A smirk formed on my lips as I tried to keep my straight train face; it was just too funny- A train that missed its stop.

The young man continued his haggling of the young woman who began to insist out of nowhere that she loved her son...

No comments: