9/14/2003

Today was the first church service in Chelles. It was good to be reassembled there in the little Hotel Kyriad conference room. Pascale and her sister and two friends led the gospel worship.

Its been an overwhelming weekend and tomorrow I am launched headlong into my french studies. I did my best with the homework and will feel it out tomorrow as to what we were supposed to have done with that 'Comprehension de l'ecrit' page that he handed us.

This week has been interesting: The STM change team set up camp here for a week as they pounded out a more final proposal to CBInternational. The highlight for me was Thurs evening when we normally do our OIKOS dinner. The team was invited to a french dinner prepared by my roomies, Michelle and Audrey, and Karen. I helped with the serving. It was a great evening and we were given the opportunity to share our experiences with them.

Alliance Jeune met today and I listened to them hammer out details for a youth leadership training weekend. I was so lost. Not until nearly the end did I understand what we were planning. I think I finally got it down although I still don't know where the event will take place. From what I understand though we have a pretty cool plan for the theme of 'networks'. We're going to provoke thought on our personal networks within the area youthgroups, then nationally and internationally. I pray for motivation to become a resounding theme amongst the youth leadership and youth. I think the workshops we are working up might possibly light a few fires in students to live bigger for God, letting their 'life' flow out into their networks. Pray for a revival! Stoked that we'll be having Matt Glock with us and praying that he'll bust out his Alternative Worship- I think a change could do some good!

So tomorrow I wonder if there will be a live jazz group in that little cafe on the corner as I make my way home after class...? You know, a change could do some good.

No comments: