6/02/2004

a new day, a new view

I put on my fav sweats this morning and took a stroll in the woods behind the village. Everything is so green- you will find every shade of green in those woods.

I talked to God as I went- told him all about what life looks like from my view down here. He reminded me of the many ways I could respond to the 'hiccups' in life and I talked to him about it: life, culture, love, and living for him. I then pleaded with him to hold me upright and calm. I even bargained with him to let me carry his load- which is light and easy- while He carries mine which, to me, seems heavy and awkward.

Next monday I plan to make a short trip to Seattle to see family and talk with a few friends. Then this summer I will venture into the southwest of France to work with kids. I don't know quite where this grand adventure will take me, but God has promised that his ways are higher than mine, his dreams out-do any dream I could ever have, and his plan is more exceptional than I could ever organize.

No comments: