11/30/2003

Last night was the Thanksgiving meal to which about 100 people showed up. I joined the super gang of people who tackled the kitchen to help pull off the event that Michelle had planned so carefully starting several weeks ago. I was tired, very tired after it all. We served the usual: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans and corn. I got an extra workout in translation.. sometimes I don't even know what is coming out of my mouth as I try to describe how, when, etc.. At one point in time, I felt like a orchestra conductor as the servers moved the food from the kitchen to the buffet tables. It reminded me vaguely of working at the Old Spaghetti Factory on a Saturday night.

So now the fun and games are over for about a week. I am off to memorize my french grammar and vocab. Pray for me.

No comments: