6/05/2003

I've just lived an incredible week and anticipate more incredible days to follow. The weather has been warm and humid and sometimes those showers and thunder. Things are a little calmer at the OIKOS now that the Emergent Church conference has passed through.

Although it's past and the calm is settling, it doesn't mean that the ideas and "ologies" that were discussed don't still hang thick in the air. My brain is busting with thoughts and dreams and every once in a while a conversation will dip into topics that are being tossed around from London to Prague and beyond. The second day of meetings came to the OIKOS in Lognes and Michelle and I prepared for about 40 people. It was incredible to have so many people, enthusiastic about their lives in Christ sitting in our living room. The resonating theme of day 2: the kingdom of god is a house full of poor people partying. Everyone is talking about it.

For me though, I was swept away with Andrew Jones' comment on "Do this in rememberance of me." To set the stage: Jesus and his housefull of partying poor people, aka disciples, are hanging out together, talking, eating, sharing a bottle, or skin of wine and Jesus profoundly says, "Hey, do this in rememberance of me." Whatever this is, we ought to be doing it. Somewhere in my finite american brain a bell rang; whenever I hung out with friends and passed such awesome times together, we always would say, "Hey, we oughta do this more often!" Its a THIS.

jump around on my links to jonathan's and jonny's and andrew's and matt's blogs... you'll find not only more profound thoughts on our conference, but pictures as well.

No comments: