5/17/2005

inf mono

I finally can say I live in Lincoln City, OR. I work at the LC Starbucks and survived my first 2 days learning new faces and how to find things in my new store. So far, the people I work with are very nice and I'm excited about being here. I do however miss my old friends up at the Puyallup store.

One funny story came about on my second day as I worked the front bar. A man and his son came through the lineup and I recognized the father from somewhere but couldn't place him. As I handed him his drink I asked where he was from. "Seattle." Oh, "I'm from Puyallup." NO!!! Then I realized it was one of our regulars up at 176th! We chatted about my transfer and how the store was changed up there since the recent transfer of several partners. Small world.

Heading back to Portland for the weekend, Jason and I decided that I should see a doctor for my sore throat and fatigue. So Sunday morning we spent 4 hours waiting around at the urgent care. After a throat culture and blood test (I was a brave girl and didn't faint), and more waiting, the doctor came in and said I had mono. I've been condemned to the bed and couch for a week.

I must say this was probably the most frustrating news I could have received at this time. I am adapting to a new place, new store, and planning a wedding. You have got to be kidding!!! So Jason brought me home to his parents house with a paper from the dr saying "acute tonsillitis/ inf mono".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I heard mono can last for months and can really drain you mentally and physically. I really hope you can recouperate quickly. I'm praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Liz! If you ever have time, check out my new blog, lostinseoul.blogger.com

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that's lostinseoul.blogspot.com