5/04/2005

I said "yes"

I had a busy "weekend" last week. I had a chance to squeeze in a couple days between Starbucks shifts for a trip to Portland. Jason and I had a couple meetings with friends on the schedule and I, a photo shoot. Friday the 29th happened to be the busiest day of all. After endless errands, a lovely lunch and coffee with friends, Jason and I finally sat down to watch the footage from our recent trip to France. It was a long show but full of fun memories and precious people. As the movie closed out, the scrolling text thanked God for the exceptional trip and me for making it so special. Then it said Jason had something to tell me and ask me. I couldn't believe it- I wasn't expecting a proposal at that time! Jason told me how he felt about me and then from one knee, asked in french if I would be his wife. I said yes and we went to tell his family who had been 'oh-so-carefully' spying on us. That evening was a flurry of family and smiles as we celebrated.

Now, I'm busy again with Starbucks, emailing, and dress shopping. I'll try to keep everyone up to speed but don't be surprised if the emails start coming from Jason and I, or if you start hearing a ton about Christian Surfers with whom Jason and I hope to serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind me leaving a comment. I am so happy for you! Congrats! God Bless you and your new life.