3/20/2004

written 11 March in face of life and ministry here in France

Exhausted from a full day, I sit down and recognize the dirt I've accumulated throughout the day: my ears have endured foul language, my feet have walked dog-trodden cobbles; my hair has grown straw-like in the dense air of a cafe, and my faces itches from the smoke of my neighbor's cigarette. Its been a tremendously profitable day.

Exhausted from the old life without Jesus, I sat down to realize that dirt in my life was killing me: my mouth poured vulgarities, my feet darted around in anger and looking for love, my hair became part of my mask, and I wore the smoke of my condemnation upon my clothes and skin. And then I met Jesus who listened to my words, walked my paths, breathed this earthly air and exchanged his perfect eternal life for my rightful damnation. This is the most effective day of my existence.

From here out I move forward desiring to become more like this amazing personification of Grace, godly and pure. I live here on earth among millions of souls just like me and I will remember the dirt that has been washed away. And I will go out into these peoples to live an ever brightening life among them because of Jesus.

Pray for France:
60 million souls

No comments: