8/03/2003

Well, the plan was to go to bed 30 minutes ago; that's changed. My homework took longer that I wanted it to- it always does, but I feel I did my best for the first time round. Tomorrow I have to be at class by 8:30 and I will spend a third hour in phonetics. When I untie my head from the headphones, I'll eat lunch and study and wait for the afternoon conference. I want to get a feel for these lectures.

I can say that after my hour of digging through the dictionary for a one-page exerpt from Maupassant, my brain is dripping with new words that I tried to "redige" back into my little notebook in complete sentence form for my new professor, Mme Vrillaud. I'll let you know what she thought of my few lines. I have a feeling that I will spend quite a bit of time digging through the dictionary, and I'm not talking about one of those French/English ones- I'm talkin' the real thing- french all the way through; so that when I don't know what a word in the definition is, I have to go and dig up its definition.

No comments: